It is the goal of the Alice M. Farr Library to welcome and assist all patrons in their enjoyment of reading and research. We strive to provide up-to-date materials and technology in order to meet our community’s needs.
APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
An unrestricted library card is required to borrow materials. Library cards are available for free to persons living within the city limits of Aurora. Outside the city limits there is a $5.00 yearly fee. Family or individual cards are available. You are responsible for all items borrowed on your card.
- Books – 2 weeks
- Audios – 2 weeks
- Magazines – 2 weeks
- DVDs – 3 days
- Cake Pans – 1 week
- Books – .02/day
- Audios – .02/day
- Magazines – .02/day
- DVDs – .10/day
Inter-Library loan is available for books not available in the library collection. The fee for this service a $1.00 computer fee and one way postage. It is up to the lending library as to how long a book may be kept.
LOST & DAMAGED ITEMS
You will be charged the current replacement cost of the item. All magazines have a $4.00 replacement cost.
COMPUTER/INTERNET ACCESS GUIDELINES
In response to advances in technology and the changing informational needs of the community, the Alice M. Farr Library aspires to develop collections, resources, and services that meet the cultural, informational, recreational and educational needs of Aurora and Hamilton County. It is within this context that this Library offers access to the internet/computers. Access is a privilege, not a right, and requires responsibility on the part of the user. It is the individual user’s responsibility to demonstrate judgement, respect for others, and appropriate conduct while using the Alice M. Farr Library resources and facility.
All internet resources as well as the other materials found in the library are provided equally to all library users. Parents and only parents may restrict their children, and only their children, from access to the internet resources available through the library. Parents are advised to supervise their children’s internet choices.
LIBRARY ACCESS POLICY
- A library card is not required to use the computers.
- The computers are available for use any time the library is open.
- The use of the computers is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons who access the internet using personal devices with wireless connectivity must still abide by all other library guidelines.
- Patrons may not install personal software on library computers.
- Library computers and/or the internet may not be used by anyone for illegal activity, or to access illegal materials.
- Users will not access, upload, download, transmit, or distribute pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit language or material.
- Users will not make any attempt to gain unauthorized access to local or remote restricted files or networks, or to damage or modify computer equipment or software.
- Users will respect the privacy of other users, and will refrain from attempting to view or read material being used by others.
- Reason for termination of a session include, but not limited to: behavior disturbing library patrons or staff, misuse of computer, or illegal activity. Print-outs can be made at a charge of 10 cents each for the first 3 copies and then 25 cents each for 4 or more copies.
Misuse of the computers or Internet access may result in loss of computer privileges.